Albertson College of Idaho
Albertson College of Idaho
2006 - 2007 Catalog

Grades and Transcripts

Grade Reports

Mid-semester and final marks are made available to students through their WebAdvisor accounts.  No paper grade reports are distributed or mailed unless specifically requested by students.  Copies of marks are sent to parents only if authorized by the student.  Students having questions, or needing assistance, should contact the Registrar's Office.

Transcripts of Record

Official transcripts of record should be ordered at the Office of the Registrar. Transcripts are released only when financial obligations to the college have been met. Federal law requires that release of such records be authorized personally by the student concerned, and no third party may legally have access to that record without the student's written consent (by letter or fax (208) 459-5415, not email). This stipulation is stated on each transcript.

Unofficial transcripts may be obtained at the Registrar's Office.

Repeating Courses

Upon notifying the registrar and with the permission of the instructor, a student who has earned a mark of C-, D or F in a course may repeat the course for the purpose of mastery of the subject. All marks are entered on the student's permanent record, but only the last mark is used in calculating the grade-point average. Only one enrollment is used in computing the total number of credits. Such repeated courses count in the calculation of the student's load for veterans' benefits only if the original mark was F, or if a mark higher than C- is required for graduation. If the repeated course is to be taken other than in residence at Albertson, permission must be granted by the Vice President for Academic Affairs (or his/her designee) in accordance with limitations on credit listed under Graduation Requirements.


Individuals or groups of students always have the privilege of petition. Academic petitions should be addressed to the Vice President for Academic Affairs or his/her designee. Other petitions should be directed to the appropriate administration officer.


The following chart indicates the meaning of the marks assigned and the number of quality points given per credit for each mark. Students who fail to register or enroll officially are not assigned a mark or given credit for a course.

Marks used in the grade point average calculation
Excellent Good Satisfactory Poor Failure
A 4.00 B+ 3.30 C+ 2.30 C- 1.70 F 0
A- 3.70 B 3.00 C 2.00 D+ 1.30    
    B- 2.70     D 1.00    
            D- 0.70  


Marks not used in the grade point average calculation
Satisfactory (S) Passing (P) Unsatisfactory (U) Withdrawal (W) Administrative Withdrawal (WA) Incomplete (I)
The only passing mark assigned in varsity athletics and theatre activity courses. The only passing mark assigned in courses designated as workshops and in certain other courses. May be elected by students in some instances under the Pass-Fail option. The failing mark in courses for which the passing mark is P. Clear withdrawal. No credit given. This mark indicates a withdraw from a course not initiated by the student. This mark indicates partially completed work of passing quality (see incomplete policy).

Grade-Point Average

The grade-point average (GPA) is obtained by dividing the total number of quality points earned by the total number of credits attempted except credits marked P, S, U, W, WA and I, and other credits awarded which do not carry quality points. Credits of F are used in the calculation.

Dean's List

To receive Dean's List recognition, a student must complete at least nine or more graded credits (excluding marks of P and S) in a given semester and achieve a GPA of 3.75 or higher for that semester. Dean's List recognition is given only for the fall and spring semesters.

Academic Honors

One may graduate cum laude, magna cum laude or summa cum laude upon attaining a grade-point average of 3.5, 3.75 or 3.85 respectively in each of the following categories: the total undergraduate record, the total record at the college, the major field of study and the courses taken therein at the college.