The College of Idaho is a small, private, residential liberal arts college that prepares students to lead productive and fulfilling lives.
We offer a living and learning experience that engages students and equips them with the skills and understanding necessary to flourish in our rapidly changing, diverse, and technologically informed world. We emphasize frequent and meaningful interaction with faculty, staff, and administration, the exploration of challenging ideas, and a well-rounded course of study in the liberal arts disciplines -- the fine arts, humanities, social sciences, mathematics, and natural sciences -- enriched by pre-professional and interdisciplinary programs in tandem with co-curricular student life experiences. On our historic campus, as well as through internships, service opportunities and off-campus study, students become members of a community centered on exacting scholarship and life-long learning. We are committed to excellence in academic instruction and scholarship, and to the values of community, integrity, leadership, and service. Through these commitments, we strive to help students develop socially, physically, creatively, and intellectually as whole persons.
Living the Mission
As we successfully embody our mission, our students learn how to:
- Think broadly, by wide exposure to the fields of knowledge that constitute a liberal arts curriculum;
- Think deeply, by sustained exploration of a specific discipline;
- Combine this breadth and depth to think critically, logically, creatively, and independently, asking thoughtful questions and seeking the best answers;
- Act compassionately by expressing an ethic of service that respects the similarities and differences among people and cultures;
- Communicate effectively;
- Celebrate the College community and its local environment;
- Exercise personal integrity;
- Develop leadership skills.