Idaho State University Master of Public Health (BA or BS/MPH)
The College of Idaho Cooperative Program in Public Health is an undergraduate-graduate articulation agreement with Idaho State University (ISU). Students will complete all of the requirements for a BA or BS degree at The College of Idaho, including the prerequisites for entrance into the Idaho State University Master of Public Health program. Students who complete The College of Idaho portion of this program will receive a BA or BS degree in the major they have completed. Upon completion of the Idaho State University portion of the program, students will earn a Master of Public Health from Idaho State University.
Entrance into the Idaho State University program is competitive. Idaho State University has offered at least two admission seats to College of Idaho students each year, but it is possible that more than two College of Idaho students will apply. Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in all prerequisite courses and in all upper-division courses, and must apply for the Idaho State University program by January of their senior year. Students must meet minimum standards on the GRE and meet the entrance standards for the Idaho State University MPH program. For a complete description of the Idaho State University program and detailed requirements for admission, see their web site.
Required prerequisite courses:
- BIO-104 Introduction to Human Anatomy (3 cr)
BIO-304 Human Physiology & Laboratory (4 cr)
- BIO-120 Frontiers in Biology & Laboratory (4 cr)
- BIO-220 Organismal Biology & Laboratory (4 cr)
- BIO-221 Population & Ecosystem Biology & Laboratory (4 cr)
- KIN-151 Personal Fitness (1 cr)
- BUS-360 Principles of Marketing (3 cr)
- BUS-366 Marketing Communications (3 cr)
- MAT-112 Introduction to Statistics (3 cr)
- PSY-404 Abnormal Psychology (3 cr)