Physical Education Minor
A minor in physical education that explores the avenues of exercise, movement and wellness. The student may desire to plan for teaching physical education K-12 and will need to meet the additional courses to fulfill the requirements for teacher certification, or to work in the allied health field in fitness, wellness or coaching.
- MAT-112 Intro to Statistics (3 cr)
- BIO-104 Intro to Human Anatomy (3 cr)
- BIO-105 Intro to Exercise Physiology & Laboratory (4 cr)
- KIN -151 Personal Fitness (1 cr)
- KIN-200 Foundations of Physical Education (3 cr)
KIN-201 Introduction to Health (3 cr)
- KIN-319 Kinesiology (3 cr)
Additional courses for Idaho State Department of Education certification purposes must include:
- KIN-170 Team Sports Skills (2 cr)
- KIN-171 Lifetime Leisure Activities (2 cr)
- KIN-201 Intro to Health (3 cr)
- KIN-244 Care and Prevention of injuries (3 cr)
- KIN-324 Management of Sport, PE and Recreation Programs (2 cr)
- KIN-328 Elementary Curriculum Planning/Health & PE (2 cr)
KIN-329 Secondary Curriculum Planning (2 cr)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a competence in Human Anatomy, Human Physiology and Mecahnical Analysis of Human movement.
- Understand the concepts and the variety of adaptations associated with fundamental sport skills.
- Create avenues for personal wellness/fitness and using sound information, select appropriate principles of application.
- Development and implement a personalixed wellness plan.
- Use critical and reflective approaches to assess teaching, learning, activity, fitness and sport participation.