Willamette University Master of Management (BA or BS/MM)
The 3-2 BA or BS/MM degree program is designed to provide a Bachelor of Arts or Science from The College of Idaho and a Master of Management degree from Willamette University's Atkinson School of Management.
Students will attend The College of Idaho for approximately three academic years and Willamette University's Atkinson Graduate School of Management for approximately two academic years. After completing the academic requirements of the two cooperating institutions, the student will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from The College of Idaho, and the Master of Management degree from Willamette University's Atkinson Graduate School of Management.
Should a student leave the Atkinson Graduate School of Management having completed one year of graduate work (30 semester credits), upon providing the Registrar of The College of Idaho with a certified transcript verifying such completion, The College of Idaho will award the student a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree.
General Requirements Imposed by The College of Idaho
- Students are required to have satisfactorily completed the following requirements in order to earn this 3-2 degree.
- At least 94 credits of coursework at The College of Idaho, including at least 10 credits of work in courses numbered 300-499, completed with a grade point average of at least 2.00 (a) in The College of Idaho record, (b) in the entire undergraduate record, along with a grade point of 2.00 in the major field (a) in The College of Idaho record, and (b) in the entire undergraduate record and, if the student completes a minor, along with a grade point average of 2.00 in the minor field (a) in The College of Idaho record, and (b) in the entire undergraduate record.
- All College of Idaho PEAK requirements.
- A major consisting of approximately 39 credits which may be either in Business or in some other department. Students majoring in a discipline other than Business are very welcome in the program and encouraged to consult the Atkinson Liaison Officer on the The College of Idaho campus about appropriate preparatory coursework.
- Elective courses as necessary to complete the minimum 94 credits from The College of Idaho.
- The requirements for independent work and 30 credits in residence with senior standing are waived for students in this program. Thirty credits of graduate coursework normally complete:
- minimum of 94 credits at The College of Idaho including all requirements stated above
- be recommended for the program by the designated official at The College of Idaho
- complete the Atkinson School application for admission by March 31 of the junior year
- satisfy the admission requirements of the Willamette University's Atkinson Graduate School of Management
- possess academic and professional credentials which rank in the top three candidates applying from The College of Idaho
Admission to the MM program of Willamette University's Atkinson Graduate School of Management is guaranteed to The College of Idaho students who satisfy the requirements stated above.
To complete the Atkinson School Master of Management degree, 3-2 BA or BS/MM students must satisfactorily complete sixty credits of core and elective course work and meet all requirements for graduation from the MM program. The sixty credits of course work includes:
- thirty credits of MM core course work
- thirty credits of MM elective course work of which three credits must be GSM 750, Internship and three credits must be an approved integrated elective course