Idaho State University Dual Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (BS/BS)
The College of Idaho Program in Clinical Laboratory Science is a dual degree program in collaboration with Idaho State University (ISU). Under ordinary circumstances, students will attend The College of Idaho for three years, and then enter the Idaho State University Clinical Laboratory Science program for their senior year. The Idaho State University program, which lasts for 12 months, includes all professional requirements, including all clinical experiences. When students have successfully completed the Idaho State University program, they will be granted dual Bachelor of Science degrees in Clinical Laboratory Science from both The College of Idaho and Idaho State University.
Entrance into the Idaho State University program is competitive. Idaho State University has offered up to four admission seats to College of Idaho students each year, but it is possible that more than four College of Idaho students will apply. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all prerequisite courses, and must apply for the Idaho State University program by January of their Junior year. Application may be considered after that date for competitive entry into the Clinical Laboratory Science program. Due to the competitive nature of this program, students are strongly advised to pursue a complementary major or course of study along with the program prerequisites (though they will not need to complete it if they enter the Idaho State University program).
During their course work at The College of Idaho, students will be required to complete 93 credits, including PEAK minors in Social Sciences/History and Humanities/Fine Arts, in addition to all of the required prerequisite courses. The combination of the prerequisite courses and the ISU professional program will count for Natural Science and Professional Studies PEAKs.
Required Prerequisite Courses
To be completed at College of Idaho:
- BIO-120 Frontiers in Biology & Laboratory (4 cr)
- BIO-220 Organismal Biology & Laboratory (4 cr)
- BIO-303 Human Anatomy & Laboratory (4 cr)
- BIO-304 Human Physiology & Laboratory (4 cr)
- BIO-316 Genetics (3 cr)
- BIO-330 Cell Biology
- BIO-360 Microbiology & Laboratory (4 cr)
- BIO-361 Pathobiology (3 cr) (may be taken at ISU)
- BIO-365 Immunology & Laboratory (4 cr)
- MAT-112 Introduction to Statistics (3 cr)
- MAT-149 Pre-calculus (4 cr)
MAT-151 Calculus I (4 cr)
- CHE-141 General Chemistry I & Laboratory (4 cr)
- CHE-142 General Chemistry II & Laboratory (4 cr)
- Plus: 8 additional credits in Chemistry selected from Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Analytical Chemistry.