International students must submit the following materials to the Office of Admission, The College of Idaho, 2112 Cleveland Blvd., Caldwell, Idaho 83605:
- An application for admission.
- An official high school transcript that includes all work from the 9th grade to the date of application (see note on official transcripts below). Upon graduation, a final transcript must be submitted. GED scores may be presented in lieu of an official high school record provided the average score is 500 with no sub-score below 450.
- Transcripts of any college work completed.
(Note on official transcripts: Transcripts are official only when mailed directly from or delivered in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution to the Admission Office.) If you have taken college coursework, we require that your transcripts be evaluated by WES-World Education Services (www.wes.org)-or another credential evaluation service.
- Guidance counselor and/or teacher evaluations.
- A one-to two-page essay/personal statement on one of four topics listed on the application.
International applicants are also required to submit one of the following official test scores:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) for non-native English speakers minimum paper based score of 550, minimum computer based score of 213, and minimum iBT score of 79
the ACT or SAT exam.
Similar English proficiency tests may also be accepted if deemed appropriate by the Admission Committee. Students who fail to meet the English language requirement may enroll in an ESL Language Center at another institution. Proficiency certification by ESL meets the English language requirement for admission.
Students must provide evidence of adequate financial resources, and can do so by submitting a verification of finances form with supporting information from their bank or an International Student Financial Aid Form offered through the College Board..
Given the amount of time it may take to secure a student visa, international students are encouraged to apply as early as possible, and will only be considered for entrance during our fall term.
As a concluding part of the application process, international students should schedule a phone interview with the Director of International Student Recruitment. If the student is attending a high school in the United States, a face to face interview would be preferred.
International applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.collegeofidaho.edu for additional information regarding the application process. Applications can easily be downloaded from the site or they can be requested by mail or email. For more information please contact the Director of International Student Recruitment at email@example.com.